Wednesday, September 3, 2008

10K in Vernal




A couple weeks ago my moms family went up to vernal to visit my step dads family and run a 10K. It was a short weekend but fun. We left Friday just relaxed that night and ate some good camp fire food. Rissa and I left our hubbys home they both had to work :( but we had fun without them. The wind made it pretty cold at night. Sat morning me, my mom and Brian(my step-dad) got up early to get to the race. It was so cold I didn't plan on it being that cold or i would have brought warmer clothes. So we got to the school where you get on a bus and they take you up to the start. The run was so nice. It was level to down hill with 2 hills at the end. I made my best time 58 minutes, I know its not as good as some but it was great for me. I got 2nd in my age group. Now I get to train harder for my 1/2 marathon in October. Sorry no photos because Rob wasn't there.

0 comments: